Peter Kazacos brings to Kaz Capital an intimate first-hand knowledge of the financial services sector, knowledge which has been attained through life experience in countless financial transactions in both listed and private equity markets. Transactions which have included numerous IPOs, FPOs, Capital Raisings, Share Placements, Rights Issues, Merges and Acquisitions and Joint Venture Arrangements.
Testament to Peter's experience is his past success as the founder of the Kaz Group Ltd, and current success as the founder of Anittel Group Ltd.
The Kaz Story
Peter Kazacos started KAZ Computer Services Pty Ltd in 1988, and led the company over its 17-year history. Guiding it from its humble beginnings as a small IT services company in suburban NSW, to its evolution into one of the largest multinational IT companies in the Asia Pacific; and the largest Australian owned IT Company.
Peter Kazacos listed KAZ Group Ltd on the ASX in 2000, KAZ grew from 350 employees at its listing to over 4000 employees. Peter Kazacos sold KAZ to Telstra (Australia's largest telecommunications company) in 2004 for a value of $333 million; at the time Telstra acquired KAZ it had revenues in excess of $350 million.
Prior to establishing KAZ, Peter Kazacos had held a number of senior technical positions in the Australian IT industry, with leading Australian organisations.
The Anittel Story
In July 2007, Peter Kazacos founded an ICT company called PK Business Advantage (PKBA); a single month after its official launch, PKBA had established itself as Australia's largest ICT solutions provider for small-to-medium sized enterprises. Peter Kazacos adopted an aggressive acquisition strategy; which included the likes of CWS, Comstra, Pecol, and Invizage (a Telstra company). Peter Kazacos spent 2008 and the first-half of 2009 consolidating the raft of acquisitions; which included re-branding the company to Anittel Limited.
In 2010, Peter Kazacos orchestrated a merger with ASX-listed telecommunications integrator Hostech Limited (ASX:HTC); part of the merger was the acquisition of a further three IT companies: Accord Technologies, Axxis Technology and Aspirence (these acquisitions came on the back of the acquisitions of 5Star Telecom, OfficeLink Plus, Netrics, D2K (Townsville), Sholl Communications and One Network). The Anittel/Hostech merger represented a major strategic milestone in the transformation and convergence of the IT&T industry, and created an SMB services powerhouse. Following the merger Hostech was subsequently renamed to Anittel Group Ltd (ASX:AYG), and Peter Kazacos was appointed Managing Director and Chairman.
In 2011, Anittel Group Ltd, successfully completed the acquisition of two further IT&T companies, IT West and Future Townsville. Anittel Group Ltd is now one of Australia's largest national, full-service, IT and Telecommunications companies, and is the fastest growing technology company in Australia (2010 & 2011 winner CRN Fast 50, 2011 winner Deloitte Fast 50).
Kazacos companies have been highly respected, publicised and have been bestowed great awards and accolades over the decades. Peter Kazacos himself has become a public figure, a well-respected business entrepreneur and is on high demand to act on boards of both listed and unlisted entities. Peter Kazacos over the years has received countless awards and prizes some of his personal highlight achievements are as follows:
- Peter Kazacos was the recipient of the inaugural, Australian Entrepreneur of the Year 2001 award in the Technology, Communications, E-Commerce and Biotechnology category.
- Peter Kazacos was inducted into the Hall of Fame for the 3rd Annual IT&T Awards in October 2004; this Award was in the category of "Champion of the vendor community".
- Peter Kazacos was inducted into the Hall of Fame at the inaugural ARN IT Industry Awards Ceremony (September 2007).
- Peter Kazacos was the recipient of the prestigious CSIRO Tony Benson Award for Individual Achievement in ICT at the 2008 iAwards; this award is presented in recognition of outstanding accomplishments of an individual in the Australian ICT industry.
- Peter Kazacos was the Southern Highlands Foundation Philanthropist of the Year (2010); an award which recognised the sharing of his entrepreneurial skills with the community and his support for youth.
Current Executive Office Positions
Peter Kazacos also holds a number of Executive Office positions currently, as below:
- Non-Executive Chairman of Law Corporation Pty Ltd.
- Non-Executive Director of Kaz Finance Pty Ltd.
- Non-Executive Chairman of Real Property Corporation Pty Ltd trading as Kaz Property.
- Executive Chairman and Director of ASX-listed entity Anittel Group Limited (ASX: AYG).
- Non-Executive Chairman of ASX-listed entity Advanced Surgical Design and Manufacture Limited (ASX: AMT).
- Past Chairman of the Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA).
- Non-Executive Chairman of Roses Only.
- Board member of UNSW Centre of Innovation and Entrepreneurship Advisory Board.
- Non-Executive Chairman of CSIRO ICS Sector Advisory Council.
- Non-Executive Chairman of Retriever Communications Pty Ltd.